Give Your Child a Head Start With Early Orthodontics in Our Warrenton, VA Office
As parents, we naturally want to do what’s best for our children. We want to give them every advantage possible, whether setting aside money for college or preventing problems down the road. While we can’t help with a college fund, Drs. Yung & Jelinek has good news about preventing dental and orthodontic problems using preventive orthodontics. Catching orthodontic issues early gives you and your child some wonderful benefits:Doctor Jim Jelinek on Preventative Orthodontics Read Transcript
Preventative orthodontic options that we offer are really dealing with kids because when you're an adult, it's already happened. So the kids, and that's the cool thing about seeing kids and being able to recognize things going on, any kind of crowding they got going on, airway issues, stuff like that. A kid comes in and they're crowded, we'll do an orthodontic workup on them and run the analysis and everything and we'll get the models and everything, get them outside the mouth, and we'll come up with a treatment plan. Something that will help direct their growth. That's the neat thing about kids is they're still growing and you can put appliances in that intercept that growth and you can direct it so they come out with a better result. Whereas if you don't do anything, they become an adult, everything's pretty much established and then you end up having to take teeth out.
That's another thing too, about interceptive is you can avoid extractions a lot of times as well.
- Save money and time spent on orthodontic treatment.
- Reduce or eliminate the time your child has to wear braces.
- Increase your child’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Prevent further dental problems such as TMJ discomfort.
Call our Warrenton, VA dental office today to schedule a consultation for your child: 540-253-1377. We’ll uncover early orthodontic problems and sideline them now!
Get the Facts on Early Teeth Problems
Most of us are familiar with orthodontic braces. We either wore them ourselves as teenagers or young adults, or had friends who did. But did you know that children as young as 6 or 7 can show signs of orthodontic problems?
As your child’s baby teeth fall out and their adult teeth begin to push through, an exam in our office will uncover early symptoms of overcrowding, an overbite or underbite, extra teeth, and irregularities in jaw structure.
Treat Orthodontic Problems Now to Save Headaches Later
When you bring your child into our dental office, we’ll thoroughly check not just for signs of decay and disease but also for tooth problems related to incoming adult teeth. If we find any, we’ll discuss treatment options that can help eliminate these problems. These options could include:
- Space maintainers. Sometimes baby teeth fall out too early, and the space reserved for adult teeth gets too crowded by other teeth. These small appliances keep that space open until the adult teeth naturally emerge.
- Palatal expander. If your child’s upper jaw is too narrow, this appliance will help widen it so that the upper and lower jaws fit together better. This will help their jaw function better and look more esthetically pleasing. The appliance will also help prevent problems like crooked teeth.
Is your child losing baby teeth? Call our Warrenton, VA office today to see how preventive orthodontics can benefit both of you: 540-253-1377.