At Drs. Yung & Jelinek, we love to see our patients leave better than when they came in. For more than three decades, we’ve provided exceptional dental care in Warrenton, VA and the surrounding area. We know what our patients want, and we focus on delivering the best care we can to them.Doctor Jim Jelinek on the advanced technology in the office Read Transcript
I'm not one to jump on the technology bandwagon right away. I like to let it be refined and run its course, and I'll get into that a little bit later. Some really big things, we do have digital Panorex, cephalometric, and CBCT machines. CBCT is a cone beam computerized tomography machine. That's a really cool machine because it helps in surgery.
The big thing that we use it for is our implant cases. What it does is it gives you a 3D view of the bone structure, the jaws, whereas if you take just a Panorex or a little film X-ray, it's just a two-dimensional thing. You know your width and your height, but you don't know the depth, the bone.
We've had that machine for over 10 years, I think. We were the first ones in the area to have one. I saw that technology and I go, “This is a no-brainer. I've got to have this.” What it does is it takes the guesswork out of the treatment. You know pretty much upfront what implant you're gonna need, so you've got that inventory onboard before you even start the procedure.
We do have intraoral cameras too, as well, so you can show the patients what's going on in their mouth. Just as we're speaking today, we are in the process of—we’ve already got the computers in place, but we're gonna be doing the digital X-rays, the small ones in the back, because it's maybe a year that we've been talking about it, but the old, regular X-rays, I still think those are very quality things. I can see a lot of things on those. They're not distorted and they're not pixelated or anything like that. I think the digital X-rays are good enough now, we're just gonna go ahead and do it.
Another thing too, is it'll help because the number of charts, you've got these X-rays in them, and they make the charts thicker, so they're harder to fit into files. Staff will appreciate that.
The time, probably, only real big advantage I think to that is, over the analog-type X-rays, is that they'll pop-up quicker, that’s the main thing. The technology's good.
Here are some important reasons to choose our dental practice to care for your entire family:
- Comprehensive Dental Care – We do it all right in our office – from basic dental cleanings and exams to tooth fillings, dental emergencies, wisdom teeth removal, restorative procedures, and much more. You won’t have to drive all over town to different dentists. We can take care of your entire family’s smiles at our one convenient location.
- Comforting Touches – In addition to offering three kinds of soothing sedation, we also provide relaxing music and headphones, plus cozy pillows and blankets.
- Compassionate Team – Our caring staff will never make you feel rushed or embarrassed about your smile. We’ll carefully explain every option so together we can create a treatment plan for you.
Call our friendly dental office and we’ll answer any questions you have: 540-253-1377. We want to keep you smiling just like we have our many other happy patients!
We Use the Latest Technology to Care for Your Family’s Smiles
In addition to using some of the latest treatment techniques to care for your family’s smiles, we also use high-tech equipment. We’ll treat you with:
- Digital X-rays – Digital X-rays are comfortable and convenient for our patients, and they are much safer than conventional X-rays since they expose you to far less radiation.
- Intraoral Camera – This handheld camera shows us every part of your mouth, which keeps your exams minimally invasive. It also allows us to share the images with you to help you better understand your dental condition.
- CBCT Scanner – This special imaging technology in a single scan gives us detailed views of not just your teeth but your bone, soft tissue, and nerves. It is especially helpful in planning procedures like dental implant placement and tooth extractions.
Ready to improve your smile with exceptional dental care in Warrenton? Call our office today at 540-253-1377. Your smile will thank you for it!