If you have missing teeth or teeth that are chipped, cracked, stained, broken, or decayed, the smile experts at Drs. Yung & Jelinek will use restorative dentistry to correct these problems. When you trust a Warrenton restorative dentist to repair your smile, you’ll enjoy:Doctor Jim Jelinek on the Restorative Dentistry Options Available Read Transcript
As far as the restorative options that we offer, there's a broad range of those types of things. Again, it depends on what the patient needs. Probably the most basic, simple thing is a sealant and we do a lot of those on kids. It's a preventive measure. It's where the groove in the top of the molar tooth doesn't fully seal all the way, so you put a resin in there that seals that off and that helps reduce decay by 80%. If they have a deeper hole that's a cavity and they need a filling, then we clean the decay out, we put a composite resin in there that looks like a tooth. If a tooth is more broken up, there's less tooth structure, it's a weaker tooth structure, or they've got a huge filling in it and it's breaking or root decaying around that, then you've got to go to a restoration like a crown. As far as those options, we do full-cast gold crowns. We have different kinds of crowns we can do, too. We have all-porcelain crowns, we have porcelain-fused metal crowns.
The thing about that is why do you have all those, why don't you just use one? Well, it all depends. It's not a one-size-fits-all thing. You have to look at the patient. How do they function? How hard are they on the teeth? What's gonna give you the best aesthetics for that particular tooth? That's why you have those different options, and you may use one over the other depending on what those things are. If somebody's missing a tooth, you have a bridge option. You can prepare the two teeth on either side for crowns and those two teeth are connected by a false tooth. That cements into place. It's a bridge. It's pretty streamlined, pretty close to what the patient would have originally.
You can also do partials, removable partials. They work. We have a really good lab, does really good partials. I can make a partial to fit really well. Missing teeth, again, you've got the implant option. You can put an implant in, put a crown on that. Sometimes, you may have teeth that are not lined up quite ideally, spacing-wise, and that's where before you do restorative stuff, you can do a little bit of orthodontics to move the teeth around to make spacing correct, or get teeth right, front and back, wherever you want them, before you do that type of work, as well.
That's the cool thing about general dentistry: you can do all that stuff. You don't have to send them off and it's just more efficient to be ... you have more control over what you're doing.
- A healthy-looking, radiant smile you can be proud of
- Increased confidence in work, social, and romantic settings
- Improved overall oral health that can prevent other dental problems
- The ability to chew a wider variety of foods
Tired of being disappointed with your smile? We can help! Call our Warrenton office today at 540-253-1377. We’re located on the north side of town on Rock Pointe Lane, not far off Business 29.
The Right Restorative Dental Options Will Make Your Smile Functional & Beautiful
Our dentists have a wide variety of options to help you get the smile and self-confidence you’ve been waiting for. Depending on your circumstances and the condition of your teeth, gums, and jaw, we can perform either a partial-mouth or full-mouth restoration. Below are some of our restorative dentistry procedures:
- Dental Implants – Implants act as replacement tooth roots that secure a crown, bridge, or dentures. If you have a tooth removed here, it may be possible for us to place an implant immediately afterward.
- Tooth Fillings – We use tooth-colored mercury-free composite fillings that blend in naturally with your other teeth.
- Root Canal Treatment – Save your natural tooth and stop your pain with this common procedure. You won’t feel any more discomfort than if you were getting a tooth filled.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges – We can repair a tooth or replace a missing tooth with a zirconia crown or porcelain crown. If you are missing more than one tooth, we can place an implant-supported bridge.
- Dental Inlays and Onlays – These custom-molded restorations fit on top and/or on the side of a tooth needing more repair than a simple filling but less than a crown.
- Dental Veneers – Veneers conceal minor tooth imperfections like chips, cracks, stains, and uneven teeth.
Don’t delay in getting the great smile you’ve dreamed about! Call us today to schedule your consultation with a restorative dentist in Warrenton: 540-253-1377. You can also schedule online if you prefer.