If your wisdom teeth already came in, you might have been lucky not to have any complications or discomfort. Many people, however, need wisdom teeth removal in Warrenton to prevent problems. The practice of Drs. Yung & Jelinek has been keeping local residents’ smiles healthy for many years thanks to this procedure. Here are some advantages of having your wisdom teeth extracted in our office:Doctor Jim Jelinek on Wisdom Teeth Removal Read Transcript
The way we keep patients comfortable while removing the wisdom teeth is, again, it boils down to the first interaction, the walk through the office, back to the operatory, the comforting ability of the staff to talk to them, comfort them that way. We use blankets too, usually when we're doing surgeries. People like to be warm, so we have blankets and we're using that.
And the thing almost 100% of the time we're doing with wisdom teeth is sedation. We'll do IV sedation, and we start on an IV, that's usually not a big deal, and we can deliver the anesthetic drug within 15 seconds to patients, who are so relaxed at that time. So that's how we deal with that.
- Expertise – Our dentists have over 70 years of combined dentistry experience and have safely completed countless extractions.
- Concern and Compassion – Our staff is dedicated to delivering a comfortable and relaxed dental experience. If you need anything, just ask us.
- Sedation – We are trained to administer laughing gas, conscious oral sedation with a pill, or gentle IV sedation. Choose mild sedation to take the edge off your anxiety, or choose to remember nothing about your procedure.
- Amenities – Stay comfortable in your private treatment room with amenities like pillows and headphones for listening to music.
- Location – Our office is conveniently located on the north side of Warrenton on Rock Pointe Lane, not far off Business 29.
Get your wisdom teeth removed with gentle, expert care. Call our friendly staff today to schedule your consultation: 540-253-1377.
Relieve Pain With Wisdom Teeth Extraction
Wisdom teeth usually appear between the ages of 17 and 25. They are different from your other teeth because they’re not necessary for comfortable chewing or esthetics. When coming through, they may grow for a while, then stop for a few weeks or months before growing more. As they emerge, wisdom teeth can cause problems for some people. Here are a few of these problems that would make removal necessary:
- Impaction – If wisdom teeth come in at the wrong location or wrong angle, they can push against your other teeth. They can even get stuck under another tooth, causing significant discomfort.
- Partial Appearance – Sometimes wisdom teeth only partially push through the gum, making them hard to clean. Bacteria can grow and decay can easily develop around the gum.
- Crowding – Wisdom teeth can cause considerable shifting in your other teeth. Orthodontic problems can result.