If you have several missing teeth, then you’ve probably thought about options for replacing them. No doubt you’d like to have a more esthetically pleasing smile and be able to enjoy all your favorite foods again. Our dentists at Drs. Yung & Jelinek can make this happen for you. If you need a full arch of teeth – upper, lower, or both – you may be a good candidate for All-on-4® dental implants in Warrenton.Doctor Jim Jelinek on Implant-Supported Dentures Read Transcript
A really good service that we've done on some patients is, they have a lower denture and they say, “I can't wear it.” So what we'll do is we'll put an implant on at each site where the canines used to be, and we'll put an attachment, or an abutment on that, and then attach them to the denture. They can just click it in place. That works pretty well. That's a real simple, real nice service for the patients. The thing is, though, you still have the denture, so it can flip. It'll move a little bit in back but didn't, like, come out.
A better, higher service would be to do more implants, and you can do it where you can put attachments in the denture again, and still click it into place, where the patient can actually still take it out and clean around the appliance. That's nice because just being, you got this ability to clean.
Another thing to do would be to put implants in and actually have a prosthetic that actually screws to those implants. It stays in place, it’s solid. You can eat about anything you want with that kind of thing.
In fact, I had a patient, I remember one of the first things we had done, the patient said, “I've got dentures, I can't wear this. Can you do anything for me?” I said, “Sure,” so we worked him up. We did four implants on him and we put that ... we do what's called a provisional or a temporary prosthetic in first 'cause you need that while the patient's healing. We put that in, he said, “You know, I went out, I got a Philly cheese steak.” He said, “That's the first time I've had one of those things in a while.” I go, “Wow, okay. That's pretty cool.” But that's what's nice about those. I mean, they're locked in and they're pretty solid.
The All-on-4 procedure:
- Requires only four dental implants for a removable solution or six implants for a fixed, in-place solution
- Restores your bite with a full arch of beautiful fixed teeth
- Completes your smile for a healthier overall look
- Keeps your palate exposed on your upper jaw so you can fully taste and enjoy your food
- Lets you walk out of our office with new teeth and new confidence the same day
- Prevents jawbone deterioration common with tooth loss, helping you appear younger
Get back the smile you’ve been missing with dental implants. Call our Warrenton, VA office today to get more information on All-on-4 implants: 540-253-1377. Sedation is available if you’re anxious about your procedure.
Find Out Why We Have to Use Only Four Implants
The innovative All-on-4® implant procedure has benefited hundreds of thousands of patients just like you with beautiful new teeth requiring less invasive surgery. Here is how it works:
- We’ll begin by creating 3D images of your mouth with a CBCT scanner. Your dentist will use these to determine precise locations to place the four implants.
- Two implants in the front part of your jaw will be positioned upright, while the two in back will be placed at angles. The angle is what makes this procedure unique, and it allows you to avoid bone grafting while using only four implants.
- Once your implants are in place, we’ll attach your complete arch of teeth to them, and you can begin enjoying them immediately.
Call our welcoming dental office today to find out if you’re a candidate for All-on-4® dental implants in Warrenton: 540-253-1377. You can have a great smile again!