Missing or damaged teeth can be challenging. Eating and talking can become chores, plus if you have traditional dentures, they require special care. Dental implants in Warrenton, VA can restore your smile by providing a base for artificial teeth. Here are just a few of the many benefits of implants from Drs. Yung & Jelinek:Doctor Jim Jelinek on Dental Implants Read Transcript
Dental implants are titanium man-made roots, is what they are. There's nothing as good as what God gave you originally, your own teeth, your own roots, but when you have an incident or a situation where you're missing a tooth or you get a tooth knocked out or it has to come out for some reason or another, implants are a great option.
You simply place the implant in the bone. The implant has to heal in, or integrate, what we call ‘integrate with the bone’ for about two to three months. After that, then what we do is we put what's called an ‘abutment’ on the crown. It screws into the implant and then you can cement a crown on top of that.
There's some different ways to do that. That's one way to do it. Another way is to include the crown and the abutment together, and you can screw the crown to the implant. Either way, you end up with the same result, but that's how it works.
When a patient comes in after we've done an implant, we'll have them come back for the postsurgical visit, and they go, “That wasn't bad at all.” Most of the times, it's not. Sometimes you may have some discomfort with that. The thing about implant crowns is that does take a little bit of time. You've got to wait for the implant to integrate for two, three months, and then you do the process of making the abutment a crown that adds another month. You're looking at, maybe between four and six months to actually get a tooth in there. When it goes in, the patient's very happy with it, they’re real pleased. They go, “That wasn't bad at all, it just took a little time to get there, but it's great.”
- Long-Term Solution – Implants can last for two decades or longer, providing you peace of mind and worry-free teeth replacement.
- Natural-Looking Smile – You’ll be proud of your new smile, so you’ll have more confidence when talking to other people.
- Improved Jawbone Strength – Implants help prevent the jawbone deterioration that normally occurs when you lose teeth.
- Versatile Options – Implants can replace just one tooth, several teeth, or an entire arch.
- Strong and Immovable – Because tooth implants fuse with your jawbone, they remain in place. They won’t move around even when you eat foods like a crunchy apple.
- Easy Care – Depending on the restorations you receive, oral hygiene will likely be as simple as brushing and flossing your teeth as you always have.
See if teeth implants are right for your smile. Call us today at 540-253-1377 to schedule a consultation. Our office is just down the street from Piedmont Pediatrics on Rock Pointe Lane.
Choose From Multiple Dental Implant Options to Restore Your Smile
To design a custom treatment plan for you, we’ll first use a CBCT scanner to create 3D images of your mouth. Based on those, your dentist can then discuss implant options to restore your teeth and give you a healthy-looking smile. Here are some of the implant options we offer:
- Single Implants With Dental Crowns – We can top your implant with either a porcelain or zirconia crown to replace a missing tooth.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – To replace several teeth, we can attach a bridge to two or more implants. Using implants to support a bridge eliminates drilling into healthy teeth as we would need to do for a conventional bridge.
- All-on-4® Implants – You’ll get a full arch of teeth attached to only four implants. For the upper arch of teeth, this allows your palate to remain exposed, so you’ll enjoy the full flavor of your food.
- All-on-6 Implants – This treatment option is similar to All-on-4® implants but uses six implants per arch. Both procedures are among the most economical options for full-mouth restoration.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – These appliances snap onto implants for a more secure fit than traditional dentures offer. They are removed and cleaned daily.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – For an even more stable fit, these dentures are generally fixed in place to implants and are designed to stay in at all times, with no special care. Your dentist can remove them, if needed.
No matter what implant option you choose, we offer three levels of sedation to keep you relaxed during your procedure.
Don’t put off getting a great smile! Call us today to find out how your smile – and your life – can benefit from dental implants in Warrenton: 540-253-1377. You can also schedule online if you prefer.