Our dentists at Drs. Yung & Jelinek believe it is always best to save a patient’s tooth if possible. However, tooth removal in Warrenton may be the best option for you and your smile. When this is the case, we will make the process simple and comfortable for you. Here’s what you can expect from us:Doctor Jim Jelinek on Tooth Extractions Read Transcript
The reasons people would need a tooth extraction, a couple different reasons on that. One, the tooth is just non-restorable. It's so decayed or it's cracked below the gumline, that you can't restore it. It just needs to come out. Options after the tooth is removed, again you've got, depending on where the tooth is, if it's got teeth on either side of it, you can do a bridge. You can do a partial. Some patients have a front tooth that needs to come out. It's a real aesthetic concern. So, what we'll try to do is we'll try to get a flipper made that has a tooth on it, so when we take that tooth out something goes right in right away. Another option would be an implant. There are situations where, when you take a tooth out, sometimes you can immediately put an implant in, which saves a surgery.
Another thing that we'll do a lot of times is you take a tooth out, and you can't get an implant immediately. We'll do what's called a socket preservation, perhaps. That's where we put some bone in the socket. What happens is that maintains the volume of bone when that heals, so that when it is healed, there's still enough bone there to put an implant in. Otherwise, the socket can collapse in, and then you don't have that opportunity to do an implant easily.
- Comforting Amenities – Listen to your choice of music with headphones in a private care room, and relax with a cozy blanket and pillow.
- Calming Sedation – We offer laughing gas, oral sedation with a small pill, and even IV sedation if you don’t want to remember anything about your procedure.
- Compassionate Staff – Our team loves to take time to make our patients feel relaxed and comfortable. We’ll talk you through your procedure to set your mind at ease.
If you’re in pain, give our dental office a call. If you contact us in the morning, we’ll see you the same day for an emergency appointment. We’ll try to save your tooth, but you can trust our decades of experience and gentle care if extraction is needed. Call 540-253-1377 today.
Restore Your Smile Following Your Tooth Extraction
Removing a damaged tooth is not the first option our dentists will consider. We have many restorative options such as tooth fillings, dental crowns, and even root canal treatment that can save your tooth and help you smile with confidence again.
However, here are some reasons you might need tooth removal from our dentists:
- Your tooth is too diseased or damaged to restore.
- Your other teeth or gums are at risk from the infected tooth.
- Your wisdom teeth need removal to help prevent problems.
To help prevent the bone loss and bite problems caused by missing teeth, we recommend replacing your tooth as soon as possible. We offer several tooth replacement options, including dental implants, dental bridges, and dentures.