It’s fine to be a little nervous about going to the dentist – research has revealed that most Americans are just like you. However, don’t let dental fear in Warrenton stand in the way of maintaining your bright smile or getting relief from nagging discomfort.Doctor Jim Jelinek on I'm Afraid of Coming to the Dentist Read Transcript
If a patient told me they were scared of the dentist, I'd say, “That's a lot of people,” because it is a lot of people that have had bad experiences in their life, and those experiences stay with you. I mean, it's hard to break that type of experience, and we understand fear, and we have ways to deal with that here.
We'll have some patients that will come in and they'll be fearful, but we can talk to them and spend the time with them, get through the process, and they may do fine with just regular treatment because what we do is when we do treatment of patients, when we have to anesthetize people, we'll use a pretty strong topical on the gums, and what that does is that numbs the gum before you give the local.
We warm our local anesthetic up to about body temperature because that makes a big difference when you're giving that. We do injections slowly—that also helps as well. You can't always make it completely pain-free, but I mean, we get a lot of patients say, “I didn't feel that at all,” and that kind of thing, so it's possible to have that happen, but if somebody's really scared too, there's other options.
We could do nitrous oxide. Nitrous oxide works well for some people. We do oral sedation, that’s where you take a sedative pill before a procedure. Probably the better thing, if somebody is really apprehensive and wants comfort, is to do IV sedation, and it's very predictable, it's very quick. It wears off pretty quick too and the patients don't remember the procedure. Even with oral sedation, the patients don't remember the procedures as well, but IV's the most predictable.
At Drs. Yung & Jelinek, we’re dedicated to making your dental experience comfortable and easy. We won’t judge you for being nervous – we’re here to help you get the dental care you need. We’ll make sure you leave our office feeling great about your experience with us so that you’ll return for future visits feeling confident.
To make sure your visit goes smoothly, we have several sedation options available for you to take advantage of:
- For mild sedation, choose laughing gas, which will give you a slight feeling of euphoria.
- If you need stronger sedation, we offer oral conscious sedation with an easy-to-swallow pill to take in the office before your procedure starts.
- If you have a lot of anxiety about your visit, we can even provide IV sedation so that you likely won’t remember anything about your procedure.
Call us today and we’ll show you how easy it can be to maintain your smile: 540-253-1377. You’ll find us on Rock Pointe Lane in Warrenton, half a block from Cornerstone Baptist Church.
We Provide Other Great Ways to Help You Relax
Besides sedation, there are many other benefits of letting our Warrenton, VA office handle your smile care, including:
- Expert dentistry in the skilled, experienced hands of our dentists and staff
- Comforting office with pillows, blankets, headphones, private patient areas, and a compassionate staff to walk you through your procedure and make you feel at ease
- Longer appointments if needed so that you can take time to feel relaxed and stress-free
- A smile to be proud of and feel confident in
- Prevention of further dental problems and discomfort
- Peace of mind without worrying about unknown dental problems
- Advanced technology like digital X-rays to keep you safe while we gather the images we need
Get Stress-Free Dentistry No Matter What You Need
For over 30 years, we have cared for our patients’ smiles. Sometimes that just means a simple cleaning and exam, while other times patients need extensive work to restore missing teeth, including dental implants and crowns. Whichever category you fall in, or somewhere in the middle, you can feel confident in trusting us with your smile.
Our dentists are highly trained, having completed many hours of continuing education, and our staff is courteous and caring. You couldn’t ask for a better combination to help you feel relaxed and at home.
Call us today at 540-253-1377 so we can help you put dental fear in Warrenton behind you!