Good oral hygiene goes a long way toward preventing most kinds of dental problems. However, sometimes more extensive care is needed. Our dentists at Drs. Yung & Jelinek can perform oral surgery in Warrenton when it’s necessary to maintain your smile and good oral health.Doctor Jim Jelinek on an overview of oral surgery options Read Transcript
People who come in with a broken down tooth or a toothache and they want it out, we'll remove that tooth for them. Pretty much all those we do right here. We also do wisdom teeth, as well, on a lot of kids, even a few adults. The options we use for that is, if somebody's not apprehensive, we'll just do local anesthetic with some topical on and deliver some local and again, we're very gentle on the patients. We tell them, “If you feel anything at all other than maybe some pressure or something, if you're feeling nerviness or pain, let us know and we'll stop and we'll get you more numb if we have to.”
We have different ways that we can do that, too. It's usually pretty certain that we'll be able to get somebody pretty numb with that, and then as far as ... Then the other option is sedation. We had a patient come in New Year's Eve. He had called up, hadn't been here before and he had a toothache and he needed a tooth out. He wouldn't even sit in the chair for me to look at. He just said ...so we sedated him and got the tooth out. It's just a good service if somebody's real apprehensive.
There are several advantages to having your oral surgery procedure done here, including:
- Expertise – Our dentists have over 70 years’ combined dentistry experience and have completed numerous hours of continuing education.
- Caring Team – Our trained staff will take all the time you need to feel completely comfortable and relaxed for your procedure.
- Comforting Amenities – Take advantage of soft pillows and blankets, headphones, and private patient areas.
- Sedation Options – Choose from laughing gas, conscious oral sedation, or IV sedation to eliminate your dental anxiety and pain.
- Technology – Our CBCT scanner will make detailed 3D images of your mouth to help us create a treatment plan that ensures predictable results.
Call our friendly office today to schedule a consultation to discuss your dental surgery: 540-253-1377. If you’re in pain and call in the morning, we’ll see you the same day. We make it easy to get your smile back in shape!
Save Time & Money by Having Your Procedure Done In-House
Our dentists are experienced and well-equipped to handle many different types of procedures in our office. Here are several types of oral surgery we successfully perform on a routine basis:
- Tooth Extractions – While it’s best to save a tooth when possible, sometimes the tooth is too badly diseased or damaged, making removal necessary for your health.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – Many people experience no problems when wisdom teeth come in, but we can comfortably remove them when needed.
- Root Canal Treatment – We can stop your pain and save your infected tooth with this procedure that cleans and seals the inner part of the tooth.
- Bone Grafts – We can replace jawbone tissue by placing special material to stimulate bone growth.
- Ridge Augmentation – We’ll repair deformities in your jawbone with replacement bone and tissue material. This is often necessary to get your mouth ready for dental implants.
- Sinus Lifts – This procedure prepares your upper jaw for implants if you’ve experienced bone loss and your sinus cavity is too close to your jaw for implant placement.