Get a Healthier Mouth With Gentle Gum Disease Treatment in Warrenton, VA
At Drs. Yung & Jelinek, we want all our patients to have a beautiful smile. Sometimes that means nonsurgical gum disease treatment is necessary to keep their teeth and gums clean and healthy. Our dentists have over seven decades of dentistry experience between them, so you can be confident we’ll rid your mouth of gum disease and keep you smiling brightly. Gum disease treatment in our Warrenton, VA office offers many benefits, including:Doctor Jim Jelinek on non surgical gum disease treatment
- Healthier gums with a natural pink color.
- Fewer harmful bacteria in your mouth.
- Reduced chance of advanced gum disease requiring surgery.
- Better breath.
- More confidence when talking to people.
Call our office at 540-253-1377 if you’d like to schedule an exam to check for signs of gum disease.
Learn What We Do When Treating Your Gums for Disease
Gum disease (also known as periodontal disease or periodontitis) is a bacterial infection below the gumline. Over time, this infection can cause the gums to pull away from the teeth. If not treated early, periodontitis can spread to the bone surrounding the tooth, causing further problems that could require surgery.
When we treat periodontitis, our goal is to help your gums heal and reattach naturally to your teeth. These are common nonsurgical treatment options:
- Scaling to gently remove built-up tartar from beneath the gumline where normal brushing and flossing can’t reach.
- Root planing to smooth the surface of your tooth roots in the pocket just below the gumline. This helps prevent debris from collecting and causing bacteria to grow in these pockets.
- Antibiotics to help fight infection in your gums.
Know the Symptoms of Periodontal Disease
In the early stages of gum disease, symptoms can be hard to spot, so it’s important to schedule regular dental exams and cleanings to catch problems early. Here are some signs to watch for:
- Halitosis (foul-smelling breath)
- Bleeding gums after brushing your teeth
- Swelling or redness in your gums
- Tender gums
- Loose teeth
- Receding gums
If you notice any of these signs, or would like to find out more about nonsurgical gum disease treatment, call our Warrenton dental office today at 540-253-1377.