Conventional dentures can give you a full smile and the ability to chew food again. But they simply won’t feel and function as much like natural teeth as implants with dentures. That’s because conventional dentures just sit on your gums. They are held in place by suction – perhaps with some adhesive added.
Implants provide a much more solid foundation for your replacement teeth because they integrate with your bone after your dentist places them in your jaw. When dentures are attached to them, they give you a much more lifelike smile than conventional dentures can.
To see if dental implant dentures are right for you, call us today at 540-253-1377 to schedule a consultation in our Warrenton, VA office.
In the meantime, check out some of the benefits implant dentures provide:
- Embarrassment-Free Meals – Suction and adhesive can’t give you the security that implants do. So you risk having conventional dentures slip out of place during meals and at other times. Avoid this embarrassment with implant dentures.
- Younger Appearance – You’ve likely noticed that longtime dentures wearers have a sunken-cheeked look. You rapidly lose bone density in your jaw after losing teeth, which gives your face an older appearance. Your bone stays intact with implants, because they stimulate your jaw much like natural tooth roots. So your facial structure stays the same for a longer period of time.
- More Comfort – Since conventional dentures can slip, they can rub against your gums and the inside of your mouth. This creates uncomfortable friction and sore spots. In contrast, most people forget they are even wearing implant dentures.
- Better Nutrition and Health – With a more solid foundation for your replacement teeth, you can eat whatever you want, including crunchy fruits and veggies. Your diet will be more diverse and you’ll be healthier.
- Simpler Care – Some implant dentures are removed for cleaning much like conventional dentures. Others stay fixed in place, only removed by your dentist. With the latter type of denture, you just brush and floss to keep them clean. Neither type of implant denture will require relining procedures to maintain a snug fit.
To schedule your implant consultation, call Drs. Yung & Jelinek at 540-253-1377 now. You can replace any number of teeth with dental implants. In addition to implants with dentures, we also offer implant crowns to replace single teeth and implant bridges to replace multiple teeth.